RSIC-V SOUND ISOLATION CLIPS
For Wall & Floor Ceiling Assemblies
RSIC-V Resilient Sound Isolation Clip
Product Testing & Information
The RSIC-V™ soundproofing drywall hanging clip is designed for use with various framing designs and applications. The RSIC-V™ limits the connection points between the gypsum board and the structure in walls and ceilings. The RSIC-V™ soundproofing drywall hanging clip has been acoustically tested in wall systems and adds the assurance that your projects acoustical performance will improve drastically.
WALLS – One and Two Layer of 5/8″ Gypsum
- Resilient Sound Isolation Clips (RSIC-V) shall be 48 inches maximum on center. (horizontal)
- Fasten the Resilient Sound Isolation Clip (RSIC-V) to the substrate with a fastener approved for a minimum pull-out and shear of 120 lbs.
- Ensure the internal metal ferrell is tight to the substrate.
- Locate the first row of RSIC-V soundproofing drywall hanging clips within 3 inches from the floor and within 6 inches from the ceiling.
- Snap in the drywall furring channel (hat track) into the RSIC-V clips (horizontal for walls).
- Place 1/4″ (minimum) shim on floor to fully support the gypsum board.
- Install the gypsum board from the bottom up leaving a 1/4″ min. gap around perimeter of wall.
- ONLY remove the shims after ALL the gypsum board is completely screwed to ALL the drywall furring channels.
- Make sure every screw (floor to ceiling and wall to wall) is installed as required by the assembly design, in every layer of gypsum board before removing the shims at the floor. The shims are critical to ensure best results.
- Caulk around the perimeter of the wall. Use fire and smoke rated acoustical sealant where required.