SonoKote - Acoustically Transparent Paint
A breathable paint layer is important because it permits moisture and air, as well as sound, to move more freely in a closed environment. This acoustically transparent paint creates a more durable paint finish and a mold-resistant system, while also allowing sound energy to pass through the paint to the sound-absorbent materials behind the paint layer.
Features & Benefits
- True eggshell sheen
- Washable & oil/food/stain proof
- Ideal for high-traffic residential & commercial areas
- No VOCs or solvents, asthma-free & hypoallergenic
- Superior coverage & excellent durability
- Odorless, allowing for quick tenant turnaround
- Naturally mold-resistant due to high pH content
- Meets highest standards in Material Health with C2C
- Silver Certification, A+ rating for French VOC Emissions, & passed CA1350
- Low carbon footprint with a concentrated formula
- No ashing like other mineral based paints
- Enhanced color, luminosity, depth and beauty
- Allows for best indoor air quality with negligible TVOC
- Recommended for use in homes, offices, hospitals & schools
Approx 170 sq. ft. per 1 liter of product (depending on surface type)
2 Liters of concentrated this acoustic ceiling tile paint is the equivalent coverage to a gallon (3.7 liters) of traditional acrylic paint
Anywhere traditional acrylic paint would be used including bars, restaurants, conference and board rooms, medical areas, open office areas, hotels, retail stores, theaters, schools, houses of worship, music practice and band rooms, apartments, condos and more.
SonoKote by ROMABIO is an acoustically-transparent, non-bridging paint for acoustic panels and other surfaces. It works as a new panel finish or as a retro-paint finish for existing acoustic panels, enabling a wide range of color choices for materials like our Poly Max, CFAB panels, or other acoustically-absorbent materials.
SonoKote is a biological or mineral acoustically transparent paint that has a crystalline structure that creates a bond with the surface. This crystalline shape is similar to that of a honeycomb, a natural molecular shape that allows the mineral paint to breathe.
The paint arrives in concentrated form and needs to be diluted with water before use.