Print Page

Bon Air Church of the Nazarene

Bon Air church:

Ted,

We have installed our sound panels.  I have attached a picture to show you the pattern we chose.  I will be sending the saw blade back to you tomorrow.  We have seen a significant reduction in echo, and we especially can understand speech much clearer.

We used nails to put up the panels.  The only problem we had was the inconsistent quality of the panels.  The 3# samples sent to us had somewhat of a firm feel to them.  In fact, the first few boxes we opened were of a firm nature.  However, we found that only about 40% of the panels were like the samples, and the other 60% were so soft and floppy, that it was difficult to cut them or to install them.  It was as if they had not been treated at all.  If the stiffness comes from the chemical used to treat them, then it makes me wonder if all of them have the same fire retardant properties. The color consistency was good, and they look good in this application.  

I would be interested in your thoughts.

Thanks,

Pastor Dennis Riggs

multi-purpose room – wanted reverberation – talked about echo and fwp

Room: 55’ x 65’ x 20’ Ceilings

64 – light gray

110 Pure Blue

20 Navy Blue

Blade