SoundBreak XP® Ceiling Board
Acoustically Enhanced High-Density Gypsum Ceiling Board
Turn down the noise when you incorporate SoundBreak XP Ceiling® Board into your floor-ceiling assemblies. You will dramatically reduce sound transmission between rooms or dwelling units with this superior sound-damping gypsum board.
SoundBreak XP has an acoustically enhanced, high-density gypsum core encased in heavy, abrasion and mold/mildew/moisture resistant, 100% recycled PURPLE® paper on both sides. Plus, SoundBreak XP provides superior mold-inhibiting qualities.
Reduces Sound Transmission
- Has a layer of viscoelastic damping polymer sandwiched between two pieces of high-density, mold-resistant gypsum board
- Provides high-rated Sound Class Transmission (STC) and Impact Insulation Class (IIC) values per an independent third-party acoustical laboratory using ASTM E90 test procedures
Works For Interior Projects
- Use in a single layer or as a component of multi-layer floor-ceiling assemblies
- Thinner than traditionally built high-STC partitions, increasing usable space
- Available in 3/4" and has a 1-hour fire-rating in specific UL floor-ceiling designs.
- Provides greater resistance to surface abuse and indentation than standard gypsum board (per ASTM C1629)
Installs Fast And Easy
- Installs like traditional gypsum board, without requiring additional clips and/or channels
- Finishes and decorates as easily as standard gypsum board
- For speed of installation, GridMarX® guide marks are printed on the paper surface.
- Can cut by scoring deeply from both sides before snapping or by using a hand/power saw
Inhibits Mold Growth
- Helps inhibit mold growth with the highest possible score on mold tests (ASTM D3273 and ASTM G21)
- Features Sporgard™ technology with extra mold-inhibiting properties
- Has less than 5% water absorption per ASTM C473
Resists Moisture Better
- Fights the effects of moisture before damage can occur
- Helps to reinforce the structure’s integrity and strength
- Reduces or eliminates swelling or dimensional movement caused by moisture
Apply to floor-ceiling assemblies where airborne sound transmission and structurally transmitted sound are a concern, and high Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Impact Insulation Class (IIC) values are desired.
Acoustically enhanced high-density mold-resistant gypsum core with inner layer of viscoelastic damping polymer. Wrapped with 100% recycled PURPLE paper on both sides.
3/4" (19.1 mm)
Nominal 48" (1219 mm)
8' through 12' (2438 mm - 3657 mm)
- Provides high Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Impact Insulation Class (IIC) values per an independent third-party acoustical laboratory using ASTM E90 test procedures.
- In specific floor-ceiling assemblies, provides both STC and IIC ratings above 60.
Class A Fire Rated per ASTM E84
GREENGUARD Gold certified for low VOC Emissions
Passes ASTM D3273 with score of 10 (best possible score for mold resistance)
Passes ASTM G21 with score of 0 (best possible score for mold resistance)
Surface abrasion resistance level 3 classification per ASTM C1629
Soft body impact resistance level 2 classification per ASTM C1629
Indentation resistance level 1 classification per ASTM C1629
Hard body impact resistance level 1 classification per ASTM C1629