- Lightweight, High Performance Design
- Can be installed in any area of assembly
- Reduced Installation Time – Simply Cut, Peel & Stick
- Non-toxic and odor-free
- Excellent adhesion to most substrates and process aids
- Alternative to OEM Specified Vibration Damping Materials
- Automotive Body Panels
- Marine – Hull Bullhead
- Sheetmetal Chutes, Hoppers and Ducting
- Computer and Related Cases or Housings
4 Mil (.004″)
Tacky mastic with aluminum
(24 hours @ 105°C) 99% minimum
(FMVSS-302) Passes with a rating of B<1.0
(90° peel @ 300 mm/min.) 7 psi avg.
15°C to 43°C recommended
Resistant to water and salt
3 years if stored below 35°C
|VMAX vibration damping sheets are constructed of an advanced, non-curing, butylene rubber bonded to a thin layer of black aluminum. Unlike other types of vibration damping material, VMAX has been engineered to utilize sheer force to control vibration. The thin layer of aluminum incorporated into the VMAX product will prevent a substrate from bending beyond a given point. VMAX vibration damping sheets are lightweight and require no special tools to install. The VMAX damping sheet may be applied to sheet metal, wood, fiberglass and plastic surfaces.
Automotive body panels constructed of sheet metal, fiberglass or plastic vibrate at various frequencies. If they vibrate at a high rate, noise can be heard throughout the passenger compartment and contribute to driver fatigue. This type of noise can also negatively affect the performance of auto sound system. VMAX will reduce vibration of the body panels by preventing a substrate from bending beyond a given point. The installation of VMAX will assist in reducing interior noise levels as well as improving performance from auto sound systems by preventing the conversion of sound energy into vibration energy. VMAX may also be used to create or replace flimsy plastic or paper vapor barriers behind interior panels.
VMAX is an important member of a specialized family of high performance damping products engineered to work together. Consulting with an Acoustical Surfaces specialist will allow you to select and combine these products to transform your personal space into the ultimate environment. Product must be used within one year for best performance.
Click PDF iconto download printer friendly file format of product specs.
Download Material Safety Data Sheet for Duct V-Max
Click to download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
• Soundproofing Products • Sonex Ceiling & Wall Panels • Sound Control Curtains • Equipment Enclosures • Acoustical Baffles & Banners • Solid Wood & Veneer Acoustical Ceiling & Wall Systems • Professional Audio Acoustics • Vibration & Damping Control Fire Retardant Acoustics • Hearing Protection • Moisture & Impact Resistant Products • Floor Impact Noise Reduction • Sound Absorbers • Noise Barriers • Fabric Wrapped Wall Panels • Acoustical Foam (Egg Crate) Acoustical Sealants & Adhesives • Outdoor Noise Control • Assistive Listening Devices • OSHA, FDA, ADA Compliance • On-Site Acoustical Analysis • Acoustical Design & Consulting • Large Inventory • Fast Shipment • No Project too Large or Small • Major Credit Cards Accepted